Wednesday, February 16, 2011

14 Weeks

I am 14 weeks tomorrow! So happy to be in the 2nd trimester. Prenatal massage...here I come!

Symptoms:

  • Starting to get some acne on my face which makes me think this baby is a boy (we will find out for sure in about 5 weeks), but I am not sure if its the chocolate, or the laziness from leaving my make-up on a couple of nights during the week. 
  • I am also starting to get some skin discoloration spots..so attractive. 
  • I have been really emotional lately, in a happy way...little things make me tear up. 
  • The heartburn comes like clockwork everyday around 5PM, so I drink some milk and then take Zantac and it works...for now. I remember the days toward the end my pregnancy with Carson where NOTHING seemed to work :(
  • Not sure if I am feeling movement yet, there have been a couple of times where I felt something "foreign" but its just too early to really be sure.


Cravings: nothing particular really, I am just really picky about food. I guess if anything I am always thirsty and I am loving my orange juice lately!

Best moment of this week: Probably the chocolate and flowers Cory gave me for V-day. I know a lot of people don't like V-day, but I love it. Cory said he feels like getting me flowers is too easy, I told him that I don't feel that way at all. I LOVE flowers, and for so many years before I met him, Valentines day was a sad day for me b/c I wanted someone to share that day with, but now I have the perfect man and I love that there is a day that is dedicated to LOVE and showering eachother with little gifts.

Challenges this week: Not too much, I like the new practice so far, but I feel like they could be a little more organized. The 5PM heartburn is tough b/c I am also starving by that time, so it makes it difficult to fix a meal while I am not feeling great. Dishes and laundry are piling up as usual, poor Cory, he does a lot trying to help me out, he's exhausted too!

Belly Picture:  I think I have put on 5 pounds thus far. I feel so much bigger than I look in this pic. And look: I own a piece of clothing that isn't black! Look at me rocking my maternity jeans! And I totally am going to buy some maternity skinny jeans, can't wait!



Recent baby pic: Look at that sweet little face!


1 comment:

Suzy said...

Oh boy, I remember the pregnancy heartburn...it's awful! Mine was worse at night and would wake me up. Gotta love those chalky tums!!