Friday, April 15, 2011

22 Weeks

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the actual birth of this baby. I had such a good dream about the perfect birth the other night. I know I can have all the plans I want, but it still won't happen the way I envision, but I will try to continue to think positively and continue to gain as much knowledge about the birth process as possible, I firmly believe that knowledge is POWER. 


I am currently still reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and am finding it pretty helpful, a lot of these birth books touch on the same subjects, much of this information I am already familiar with. I like how she explores the mind-body connection and its effects on labor, she gives helpful info on situations that can stall labor and how to get labor started back up, the husband/partner's role to help with a smoother labor, to name a few topics.


I have gained a total of 15 pounds.


We can feel the baby move on the outside now! 


We have decided on a 1st name for him, and I am hoping to decide on the middle name within the next week.


We are in full nesting mode, the nursery is painted and we will get the chair molding up in the next couple of days and then I will post a picture. This little guy enjoyed playing with the paint supplies....He rolled this paint roller around for a while like he was vacuuming, so cute!



And here is Mama at 22 weeks:





2 comments:

Courtney said...

Ina May's book is great! Really interesting to read about the fears/labor and mind/body connections. I do a fear workshop with all of my doula clients for this reason. I'm reading her new book right now "birth matters"...so far it is great but a lot of repeat from "guide to childbirth."

Love that you are thinking positively about your birth!! And you look great!

Unknown said...

Positivity is key...I know you have heard me say this a million times...but it is true. And your mental state is so important. I would love for you to post more on this book when you finish!!!

Zach seriously was my hero in our delivery of Zoe and Oliver. As you know, delivery is full of emotion and I feel our men are our sanity. You and Cory being on the same page will get you through and you believing in your body! I look forward to delivery sooo much again because it was such a beautiful experience. I will be praying for the exact same thing foe you and Cory!

Can't wait to hear the name!