Friday, February 12, 2010

6 month Dr Apt.

This one was pretty eventful. Carson was due to eat at his apt time, but was not interested in eating since he was in a different place that he doesn't see very often. So what he did get in his belly ended up all over my shirt.

Everything checked out well, his percentiles were 30-60%, all normal. Everyone calls him "chubby" b/c of his cheeks - but he weighs less than a lot of babies I know who are younger than him.

Weight: 16 lbs 12oz
Length: 26 and 3/4 inches
Can't remember the head circumference, but it was normal.

The Dr. said he wasn't anywhere near teething, that he would be late on that, possibly b/c either Cory or I was late when we cut teeth.

She also said it wouldn't be long before he would sit up on his own! Hard to believe. I asked her when babies typically learn to sit on their own and she said 7 months.

He was so funny while being examined. He reminded me of that scene in the movie Elf where the Dr. is trying to do the exam and Buddy the Elf keeps grabbing everything in site.

He had a vision test where they hooked up cords/patchy things to his head to record his brain activity, and he had to wear a pirate eye patch for the test on one eye at a time. I WISH I would have had my camera, he was so cute! His vision checked out fine.

The most shocking conversation was about a SIPPY CUP. She told me to introduce it with water in it during his evening meals. I can not believe he is old enough to start trying that! So I am going to get a couple over lunch today.

We are also going to try weaning him from the Zantac (she said babies typically grow out of the reflux at this stage). We will stop giving him the night-time dose since he sleeps and doesn't eat during the night anymore. I am scared that he still needs it, I don't want him to be in pain; but I like to follow Dr.'s orders so we will give it a try.

He did get a round of shots at the end, he cried during but as soon as I got to hold him and give him his passy he was fine.

He was so pitiful when we got home, he finally ate and then he was exhausted! As soon as I gave him his passy he closed his eyes. He didn't get a bath or eat his carrots and I didn't have the heart to make him and keep him awake. Rarely does he have tears when he cries, I knew he was tired (and probably felt crappy from his shots) so we just gave him some Tylenol and put him back to sleep. I hate it when he is not his playful, happy self. :(

He felt better this morning and he went to daycare. I did see a note that there was a case of pink eye in his class, so that is just awesome. Please pray he doesn't get it!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Can't wait to see him again!

Living4Him said...

Kimberly,
Thank you for adding me to your blog list so that I can keep up! I have been SOOO busy lately that I have not been able to respond to your email.

I switched my kids to sippy cups around 6months. Some people were like, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, but I was so glad because it is so hard to get the bottle away after a year rather than doing it early.

Hope y'all are doing well!
Alison

Anonymous said...

He is growing up so fast! Sippy cups and sitting already! Wasn't he just born, like yesterday??? He gets more and more adorable by the moment too, which seems impossible that he could get any cuter :)