Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Siblings, pregnancy, etc...

I haven't blogged in a while b/c life has been a little uneventful, which is fine by me :) Anyway, I had a cute Halloween post to do, but I left my USB cord at home, so it will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. :(
But dang it, I WANT to blog today, its been too long!

During my blog reading today I saw a post by my good friend Janie about the ups and downs of pregnancy. And it got me thinking about my next pregnancy. It seems that everyone around me is pregnant or planning for a pregnancy. Truth be told, I want a another baby very soon! :) Cory and I both thought we would try for another when Carson turned 1 year old, but it just wasn't the right time for us, we wanted to achieve a few more financial goals, and I just felt like Carson was still such a baby to me and I just wasn't ready to make him share my attention. Now that he will be 15 months soon and is acting more like a toddler than a baby these days (there are tantrums to prove it), I am very open to the idea of giving him a sibling soon. I feel like he is ready and we are ready. And THAT is the only thing that matters. I was talking to my SIL the other day about how people like to tell you when the best time is for you to have your children. And I remembered all of the comments when we were first pregnant with Carson, people said "but you just got married" and then when Carson was here I had mentioned trying for another baby when he was around a year old..and the comment was "that soon?". Then just the other day I mentioned being ready for baby #2 and to give Carson a sibling and someone told me that I needed to get one out of diapers before I had another one. Well....changing diapers doesn't really bother me, its part of taking care of my baby, and that is not something that will dictate when I bring another child into this world. Cory and I want our children close in age. I want them to have what I didn't have (a friend and a sibling in one package), to have each others' back when Mom and Dad aren't around, to help each other with school stuff, to play with and teach each other things, share clothes, tell secrets, and confide in one another. My sister is 9 years older than me and my brother is 5 years older. Now, don't get me wrong - we all love each other very much, but growing up I felt like they hated me, and I was always in the way.

Anyway, back to the whole reason I was writing this post...in Janie's post she talked about how she wasn't one of those women who just adored being pregnant...I wasn't either...I constantly complained about strangers hurting my feelings, about heartburn, gaining weight, being tired, and so many other things. I often want to delete my "baby Carson" blog, b/c it seems SO negative. But really and truly, there were so many moments that I loved when I was pregnant and looking back, I regret taking it for granted. With any future pregnancies I hope to just revel in the excitement, to be proud of my huge belly, and to be thankful for what a blessing it is to be a woman and be able to do such a marvelous thing. Now that I have done it, I know that there is nothing more beautiful than carrying my baby. My next pregnancy will not be wished to fly by, nor overshadowed by complaints...it will be simply beautiful.

3 comments:

Candace said...

You have that baby when YOU are ready!

I don't think I was mentally ready for this pregnancy. I had planned pregnancy for around now, but once it was time to start trying, I felt like Addison was still so little learning so much. I now realize that she is a toddler, and although she's learning a lot, she is also ready for a sibling. It is totally all about YOU and YOUR FAMILY!

As for being pregnant, I can understand your woes. I've loved both pregnancies, but I've also been fortunate to have SUPER EASY pregnancies. No regrets, girl! You love those babies all the same - misery or not!

Hollyhand House said...

What a great post! Do what works for you and your family and don't worry about what the world thinks about it or what you "Should" do! You know your life and your family better than anyone. As for the previous pregnancy...you dont have to regret anything. Pregnany is not an easy thing to do no matter how easy someones pregnancy is or how perfect their delivery went, it is still not an easy thing to do. But you have the most precious, healthy baby and that is all that matters! It is something I think we do take for granted a lot! Love you!

Courtney said...

Love this post!! Wish more women had your perspective! I feel that way about the newborn days too....oh how I hope I will cherish the tiny stage with #2 someday because now I know how quick they grow up!!